• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

2023.600 Betas Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
This topic is for the discussion of issues relating to this update of GameMaker. However, this does not replace our normal bug reporting system and you should report all bugs as normal using https://contact.gamemaker.io/contact-us

As ever, PLEASE check the Required SDKs FAQ before/during updating and ensure your antivirus/OS permissions are correct by checking User Permissions and Internet Access Required by GameMaker before you submit any bug reports or post issues here.

You should post here if:
  • Something has changed between the previous version and this one, breaking your game (i.e.: code that worked previously now does not)
  • Something reported as fixed in the release notes is not actually fixed
  • You are having IDE or system issues related to something new in this update
  • You are having issues with new features introduced in this version
  • You are having issues updating to this version
  • Everything works and you want to tell us we are great (seriously, let us know if it all works correctly for you)
When reporting issues to the Helpdesk, please try to add as much information as possible, for example:
  • If the issue is with the IDE, then please give a screenshot if you can to help illustrate the problem and always attach the "ui.log" file found via the "Open Log in ..." Help menu command inside GameMaker
  • If it is a code issue, then link to or attach a YYZ showing the most basic project possible which exhibits the behaviour
  • If it is a system issue (like compiling to a specific target or running on a device) then please always include the compiler log we ask for (it's genuinely very important!) and provide details of the machine being used as well as the software versions involved
Again: posting a comment in these release threads is not a replacement for filing a bug!

IDE Release Notes

Runtime Release Notes

Current Release -
IDE v2023.600.0.370 Runtime v2023.600.0.389 (June 28, 2023)

We realised some of our recent Android/iOS FPS fixes caused issues running on older devices or when games lose focus. At the same time, Font Editor controls have now been added to match the Inspector ones which were in earlier Betas.

Feather has also now been set to default to ON for new users/new installs; however, I have since found out that the release notes need a tiny tweak, because if you have an existing installation where you have never interacted with Feather's Preferences at all, then you will see it as enabled now also, so I will revise the wording ahead of the monthly release.

Beta 7 - IDE v2023.600.0.368 Runtime v2023.600.0.387 (June 21, 2023)

A small release containing more bug fixes as we come close to the full Monthly release - highlights include a fix for GDK games not running correctly in the last Beta, a tweaked fix for "repairing" anim curves which are missing expected data so that this does not unduly affect your in-game results, and a couple of project importing/Templates fixes in the IDE.

Beta 6 - IDE v2023.600.0.363 Runtime v2023.600.0.382 (June 15, 2023)

Mostly a decent collection of smaller fixes, but there are a couple for licensing/stability in recent Betas and for those of you using custom IDE skins; on the runtimes side this release includes fixes for ProMotion on iOS not unlocking 120hz mode properly and a number of things specific to dynamic sprite-management on consoles.

It also adds two new features for if you ever need to diagnose a problem with your GameMaker setup. There is a new Preference for enabling verbose logging to the ui.log, which will assist you in determining firewall/antivirus/permissions issues and helping to fix them on the local machine. Plus, if you do need to send us a helpdesk ticket or bug report, then there is a new entry in the Help menu for Create Your Bug Report Package, which will gather together the various log files, licensing files, and version numbers, etc., that we will always ask for when answering your tickets and will package them all up for you into one handy zip file so you can attach it to your ticket. If you have a project open at the time, it will ask if you want to include the project inside the .zip.

Beta 5 - IDE v2023.600.0.356 Runtime v2023.600.0.373 (June 8, 2023)

Beta 4 - IDE v2023.600.0.351 Runtime v2023.600.0.367 (June 2, 2023)

This IDE update fixes the Code Editor RAM issue in the last couple of Betas (although, note that this one release will have undone part of the fix for a code editor bug we fixed for Beta 1) and also adds new controls for SDF fonts inside the font editor. On the runtimes side, there are some new Zip functions and the ability to get Spine slot info more easily, support for those SDF settings coming from the IDE, plus a number of build and in-game fixes for different platforms, but particularly for Switch (including the issue mentioned 4 up from here).

Note also that this version introduces a new project loading/saving system, so if you have any old (often, very old...) projects which have been failing to open/import into recent versions of GM, give it a go in this new release and let us know if all is fixed now. Obviously, if you do find a project suddenly won't load in this version, please let us know via a Helpdesk ticket immediately.

Beta 3 - IDE v2023.600.0.345 Runtime v2023.600.0.360 (May 25, 2023)

Fixes the missing Feather section in Preferences, along with some other Preference checks which would have caused console builds to fail in the last Betas; introduces a new checkbox in the Sprite Editor so that you can toggle whether a Spine sprite should use the collision mask from the Spine file itself in all in-game calculations, or the values from the Sprite Editor inside GameMaker; includes an updated template project for Live Wallpapers, which has a number of bug fixes in place; and if you're a console developer, then there are several other Xbox and Switch fixes/new features added also.

Beta 2 - IDE v2023.600.0.337 Runtime v2023.600.0.352 (May 19, 2023)

The headline change is of course that the memory leak when loading any project which has syntax errors in it has been fixed and so you should find this version far more stable again. Beyond that, you will find a new "shorthand" for declaring structs; HTML5 and GX.games (VM) have both had multiple fixes/updates; and there have been a few bug fixes for the new debug overlays in Beta 1. A handful of other fixes also, but this second release is mostly to get the RAM usage fix out to you all asap.

Accordingly, we are aware the Feather Settings panel in Preferences is still missing and also that there is an issue which means GX YYC won't build projects in this version. (GX VM works fine.)

Beta 1 - IDE v2023.600.0.334 Runtime v2023.600.0.350 (May 16, 2023)

Welcome to a very early look at the June release - at the moment, it's mostly runtime stuff which is new, but with some very important IDE and "Building Projects" fixes for you to benefit from also. As for the new in-game features, there are: updated debug overlays which use a new graphical style; important additions for Switch multiplayer support; fixes and updates for Cocoapods installation and usage; plus 3 new audio effects for you to use.

There will be more IDE features, such as saving/loading and performance fixes, as we release further June betas.

For the full info, see the two links above.

Please be aware there will be a reasonable delay before the Beta manual is updated with all this new content, as we're well before June. (Right now, it's still the 400 manual which is live for English.)​

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Betas yayyy!! šŸ šŸŸ

We have incorporated Dear ImGui into the runner
Just when I make my own inspector lmao

Btw, NEW AUDIO EFFECTS!!!! Thanks ā¤

------------------

Is ImGUI only available for desktop? How are the mobile platforms? Has the debug overlay been removed from them as well?
Edit:
Answered on Discord: it's cross-platform.

------------------

Edit:
Okay, it's a debugging only UI for now. - Despite what was said on Discord that eventually it will be possible to access this feature and create your own UIs - For DEBUGGING.

Last edited:

gnysek

OK, so my summary:

1) I've not used beta for 2 weeks already, and after installing new one, it asked me properly which exports from Indie tier I want to install, so (for now) bug which I have for months, which required to logout and login again after every update seems to be gone! āœ…

2) Sadly, after loading any project, IDE starts to eat up tons of MB in ram, and after less than minute it hangs, then crashes, so that was all I was able to check :( (#209343). I understand that this might sth very minor and will be fixed for next beta, hopefully on Thursday ;)

1684252455025.png

3) I've created project with show_debug_overlay(true) in stable, loaded it in beta and quickly run, so before IDE crashed, I was able to see new debugging gui, and holy squirrel:

1684253371328.png

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Yeah, the IDE has a big memory leak - I even thought it happened when I tried to install a module. Hope this gets fixed soon lol, looking forward to testing the new features.

I'm just not a big fan of ImGUI's visual design, but it's a great addition for debugging.

Last edited:

Stra

Can confirm memory leak, making the IDE unresponsive after just a few seconds, but it doesn't happen with all the projects that I've loaded. Also doesn't happen if I create a new project.

gnysek

• surface_get_format(surface_id) - This function returns the format of the given surface. All formats are listed in our manual.
  • display_get_frequency() - This function returns the frequency (or refresh rate) of the display that the game is being played on. It will return a real value as frames-per-second, so for example if your monitor is 60hz you will get 60, if it's running at 144hz then you will get 144, and so on.
Why these functions are mentioned as new? Seems that they were introduced already.

Xor

@XorDev
Yay for display_get_frequency()! I've wanted this for a while now.
Excited to see imgui and I'm curious if this will be incorporated for all UI stuff

Posh Indie

That Guy
I have been away a while, but I check in from time to time...

I noticed "Switch matchmaking will come in future betas", but I see a host of switch_matchmaking_* functions added. A bit confused here; Does this mean joining specific games is coming rather than random games? Is there no way to join any games right now (So it just opens and closes the sessions at this time)?

Also, it sounds like switch_matchmaking_* functions were added at some point prior (As some are renames), but I do not see any incarnation of them in the documentation at all. Were they added in a 500 release (As I see 400 is the latest documentation as per the end of the original post)?

Just making sure I understand what is going on.

Regarding the new audio effects, what's the slope of the new filters? I'm assuming 12db/oct like the previous filter effects (which is itself kind of an assumption, that the 2 in LPF2 stands for two-pole) but it's not specified in the notes.

fujj

šŸŽµšŸŽ¶
GameMaker Dev.
Regarding the new audio effects, what's the slope of the new filters? I'm assuming 12db/oct like the previous filter effects (which is itself kind of an assumption, that the 2 in LPF2 stands for two-pole) but it's not specified in the notes.
LPF2 and HPF2 are indeed 12db/oct.
The new filters do not have a constant slope - it will depend on the parameter values chosen.

Mehdi

The new beta is a real monster! My PC almost faints as soon as I launch GameMaker!

1684325848561.png

EDIT: Probably the worst beta ever! None of my systems can handle it. It hangs and crashes on all of my PCs.

Last edited:

Gradius

Massive lag in the IDE opening something, huge CPU usage, and then 99% memory usage, well over 11 gigs of memory just from the IDE. There's, uhh, there's something funky up with this beta unfortunately. Used up so much memory it was hard to force quit the thing as it was even crashing Task Manager (why windows lets programs request that much memory is another issue). Think I'll be using an older version until whatever memory hemorrhage it has is plugged.

Erik Leppen

yep, should have read this before updating: the June update crashes my computer because it eats up all the memory. I've had task manager report up to about 10 GB of memory usage, opening a not-very-large project (its yyz is 21 MB, most of which is sounds). And my PC doesn't even have 10 GB ram :p

Also, syntax highlighting didn't work anymore (Everything was the default text color except a few things which were the color of instance variables).

Also, when opening the project (before it crashed) I noticed Feather reported "44.477 suggestions" (no exaggeration, that was the actual number), of which, I found later, all except about 200 or so were about "naming rules", because somehow it had silently ghanged the severity of that setting from Ignore to Suggestion.

gnysek

Also, when opening the project (before it crashed) I noticed Feather reported "44.477 suggestions" (no exaggeration, that was the actual number), of which, I found later, all except about 200 or so were about "naming rules", because somehow it had silently ghanged the severity of that setting from Ignore to Suggestion.
Same for me, and you can't edit rules, as this setting missing - but that's already reported too from what helpdesk said. There's chance that next beta will have all those issue fixed, as we reported them quickly.

What (positively) surprised me, is that today I've got answers to all my yesterday tickets (I've made them around 10-11PM UK Time)! Helpdesk was really quick with all of them, they only needed 5-6 hours to process them.

djscuba

Cocoapods has less errors than ever and success the builds but still does not work as the following errors are logged but seem to get ignored:

About to execute:/bin/bash -l -c "uname -m"
User's bash CPU architecture : env: bash: No such file or directory
/bin/bash: uname: command not found
Mac Unknown Achitecture

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
A new release is rolling out now so you can all enjoy the Beta over the weekend - IDE v2023.600.0.337 Runtime v2023.600.0.352 (May 19, 2023)

The headline change is of course that the memory leak when loading any project which has syntax errors in it has been fixed and so you should find this version far more stable again. Beyond that, you will find a new "shorthand" for declaring structs; HTML5 and GX.games (VM) have both had multiple fixes/updates; and there have been a few bug fixes for the new debug overlays in Beta 1. A handful of other fixes also, but this second release is mostly to get the RAM usage fix out to you all asap.

Accordingly, we are aware the Feather Settings panel in Preferences is still missing and also that there is an issue which means GX YYC won't build projects in this version. (GX VM works fine.)

IDE Release Notes
Runtime Release Notes

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I have been away a while, but I check in from time to time...

I noticed "Switch matchmaking will come in future betas", but I see a host of switch_matchmaking_* functions added. A bit confused here; Does this mean joining specific games is coming rather than random games? Is there no way to join any games right now (So it just opens and closes the sessions at this time)?

Also, it sounds like switch_matchmaking_* functions were added at some point prior (As some are renames), but I do not see any incarnation of them in the documentation at all. Were they added in a 500 release (As I see 400 is the latest documentation as per the end of the original post)?

Just making sure I understand what is going on.
There were no 500 Betas, so 400 is correct; however, Switch function docs remain on the Switch-developer-only sections of the Helpdesk and they wouldn't be in the manual anyway, so those pages are not really tied to coming out at the same time as the rest of the release. I will go nudge the relevant people, but my original post did say I was aware the docs for the new additions were going to take a little while.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion anyway - ta!

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Cocoapods has less errors than ever and success the builds but still does not work as the following errors are logged but seem to get ignored:

About to execute:/bin/bash -l -c "uname -m"
User's bash CPU architecture : env: bash: No such file or directory
/bin/bash: uname: command not found
Mac Unknown Achitecture
Please file a build failed ticket and ensure you attach your entire compiler log in a separate text file, plus a .yyz for sample project which fails to build on your Mac. We will then respond via the ticket. Thanks.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Checked out the struct shorthand syntax (which I myself requested a while back). It mostly works, so something like this should work fine:
GML:
function array_filter_by(_array, _property, _value) {
    return array_filter(_array, method({ _property, _value}, function(_item) {
        return _item[$ _property] == _value;
    }));
}

var _some_array = [
    { name: "Alice", role: "Programmer" },
    { name: "Bob", role: "UI Designer" },
    { name: "Charlie", role: "Composer" },
    { name: "Dave", role: "Programmer" },
];

show_debug_message(array_filter_by(_some_array, "role", "Programmer"));
Except there seems to be a bug with this syntax, where function arguments aren't recognised. So I need to define local variables to use them first:
GML:
function array_filter_by(_array, _property_arg, _value_arg) {
    var _property = _property_arg;
    var _value = _value_arg;
    }));
}
After this fix it properly displays the following output:
Code:
[ { name : "Alice", role : "Programmer" },{ name : "Dave", role : "Programmer" } ]
At any rate, glad to see the struct shorthand syntax introduced. It doesn't work fully correctly yet, but then again, that's how it is with beta versions. ^^'

--- EDIT ---
Submitted a bug report (#209416) for the issue I described!

Last edited:

gnysek

Accordingly, we are aware the Feather Settings panel in Preferences is still missing
That makes using beta little harder, as for me it highlights all var variables, saying they doesn't follow naming patter (but I had "Unconstrained" selected there AFAIK, so shouldn't). Seems that for now I need to just put this warning into "Ignore" state to not get blue scripts...

Mehdi

Where can I see the Audio and Log windows in new debug overlay?

EDIT: Solved!

Last edited:

Zhanghua

Checked out the struct shorthand syntax (which I myself requested a while back). It mostly works, so something like this should work fine:
GML:
function array_filter_by(_array, _property, _value) {
    }));
}

var _some_array = [
    { name: "Alice", role: "Programmer" },
    { name: "Bob", role: "UI Designer" },
    { name: "Charlie", role: "Composer" },
    { name: "Dave", role: "Programmer" },
];

show_debug_message(array_filter_by(_some_array, "role", "Programmer"));
Except there seems to be a bug with this syntax, where function arguments aren't recognised. So I need to define local variables to use them first:
GML:
function array_filter_by(_array, _property_arg, _value_arg) {
    var _property = _property_arg;
    var _value = _value_arg;
    }));
}
After this fix it properly displays the following output:
Code:
[ { name : "Alice", role : "Programmer" },{ name : "Dave", role : "Programmer" } ]
At any rate, glad to see the struct shorthand syntax introduced. It doesn't work fully correctly yet, but then again, that's how it is with beta versions. ^^'

--- EDIT ---
Submitted a bug report (#209416) for the issue I described!
Can't agree any more.

zargy

Nice to see ImGui being put to good use. Do you guys plan to let us have access to it at some point? We already have ImGui_GM made by Nommblin of course, but it'd be kind of nice nice to be able to just call ImGui library methods directly through a GML API.

Stra

Please be advised: after a few hours of using the latest beta, it started to gobble up RAM again, thus becoming unresponsive.

efeberku

But this was Beta release šŸ¤”
I'm not just talking about the beta. In general the IDE is really slow especially when opening and closing rooms. It also sometimes freezes. This needs to be fixed. (If SSD with a 3000-3500mb speed is freezing it's probably just unusable with a HDD.)

Stra

I'm not just talking about the beta. In general the IDE is really slow especially when opening and closing rooms. It also sometimes freezes. This needs to be fixed. (If SSD with a 3000-3500mb speed is freezing it's probably just unusable with a HDD.)
I haven't noticed such behavior, not even on a very very old PC. I only noticed it many years ago, when I had dozens of workspaces and a hundred active windows open.

efeberku

I haven't noticed such behavior, not even on a very very old PC. I only noticed it many years ago, when I had dozens of workspaces and a hundred active windows open.
No problem with the workspaces. The issue is the room editor. Sometimes when I click to a room tab the program stutters and room opens in a separate window. It will drive me crazy. Un*ty is a heavier program, but it works faster in large projects. This is a serious issue for GameMaker.

I think there is a handling problem for saving, loading, copying and pasting something, editing objects, editing rooms etc. If they don't think about the problems now, anything they add will accumulate and increase the system requirements of the program.

Last edited:

sixonekevin

The lag when you click a room is because of the Inspector loading up, a process I agree takes way too long currently and constantly interrupts your workflow if you donā€™t close it after every time it auto-opens alongside the room editor. Although I imagine the plan to fix that is just ā€œhave people switch to the new runtime when it comes out.ā€

The lag when you click a room is because of the Inspector loading up, a process I agree takes way too long currently and constantly interrupts your workflow if you donā€™t close it after every time it auto-opens alongside the room editor. Although I imagine the plan to fix that is just ā€œhave people switch to the new runtime when it comes out.ā€
The runtime is the thing that makes your game go after you press the play button. While the new runtime will probably come with a host of IDE changes, it won't in itself fix issues like this with the IDE (I'm pretty sure you'll even be able to switch which runtime you're compiling to inside the IDE, the same way you choose between VM and YYC, at least for a while)

sixonekevin

The runtime is the thing that makes your game go after you press the play button. While the new runtime will probably come with a host of IDE changes, it won't in itself fix issues like this with the IDE (I'm pretty sure you'll even be able to switch which runtime you're compiling to inside the IDE, the same way you choose between VM and YYC, at least for a while)
Sorry, I meant new code editor, not new runtime (Iā€™ve just been mentally lumping together all the big feature updates coming out later this year as ā€œthe new runtimeā€).

rIKmAN

Nice to see ImGui being put to good use. Do you guys plan to let us have access to it at some point? We already have ImGui_GM made by Nommblin of course, but it'd be kind of nice nice to be able to just call ImGui library methods directly through a GML API.
Thanks for this post - I had no idea ImGui_GM by Nommin even existed!

I've been using ImGuiGML by babyjeans since it was released years ago and it's been great, but they aren't supporting it anymore and I see ImGui_GM already supports both tables and dockable windows which I've been wanting for a while.

Looks like I'll be moving over and giving it a try - thanks for the unintended heads up!

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
The issue is the room editor. Sometimes when I click to a room tab the program stutters and room opens in a separate window. It will drive me crazy.
This is something we are trying to reproduce here at the moment, as we have had a few tickets reporting it recently. Seems to be something machine-specific causing it or some odd performance issue, though, as it's not something we see and there are only a few tickets for it. However, yes, the end result sounds quite nasty and so we continue to investigate. If you are not one of the few people who has sent us a ticket already, please do so - ensure you include a DXDiag/System Info report as well as your ui.log with the ticket, please.

Also worth saying that if your room contains a lot of tiles, then we have recently found the cause of a performance issue there and so that will be changed in the IDE for a future release.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Would be good to know what exactly you mean by the Inspector "constantly interrupts your workflow", so we can tell if there is an issue here or just a misunderstanding of what the Inspector is doing/why it's opening.

Yes, it opens each time you open a room editor, as that's how you modify settings for the room itself (and many of the things inside it) - as already mentioned, nothing here would change due to the new runtime or even the new code editor, as neither of those apply to the room editor.

It should also open pretty instantly, so if you're seeing a significant delay each time, please do file a ticket and let us know what is going on. (Ensure you send us a DXDiag and your ui.log on the ticket.)

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
That's Beta 3 rolling out now. IDE v2023.600.0.345 Runtime v2023.600.0.360

Fixes the missing Feather section in Preferences, along with some other Preference checks which would have caused console builds to fail in the last Betas; introduces a new checkbox in the Sprite Editor so that you can toggle whether a Spine sprite should use the collision mask from the Spine file itself in all in-game calculations, or the values from the Sprite Editor inside GameMaker; includes an updated template project for Live Wallpapers, which has a number of bug fixes in place; and if you're a console developer, then there are several other Xbox and Switch fixes/new features added also.

As always, see the full notes for more:
IDE Release Notes
Runtime Release Notes

sixonekevin

Would be good to know what exactly you mean by the Inspector "constantly interrupts your workflow", so we can tell if there is an issue here or just a misunderstanding of what the Inspector is doing/why it's opening.

Yes, it opens each time you open a room editor, as that's how you modify settings for the room itself (and many of the things inside it) - as already mentioned, nothing here would change due to the new runtime or even the new code editor, as neither of those apply to the room editor.

It should also open pretty instantly, so if you're seeing a significant delay each time, please do file a ticket and let us know what is going on. (Ensure you send us a DXDiag and your ui.log on the ticket.)
Itā€™s not exclusively when opening a room, any time I select an asset in the asset browser while the Inspector is open, GM briefly freezes. It interrupts my workflow not just because of the pause but because if Iā€™m trying to double-click to open an asset, the pause causes GM to register a regular double-click as a slow double click so it interprets that as the ā€œrename assetā€ shortcut. If I want to avoid that I have to click once, wait a moment for the Inspector to refresh, then double click to actually open the asset.

The only reason I mentioned the room editor is because of the newer behavior where selecting a room forces the Inspector open, so itā€™s unavoidable when I select a room whereas if I close the Inspector I can then select other non-room assets fine. Neither of the computers I use are especially high spec (a desktop thatā€™s probably 8 years old and a MacBook Air from like 5 years ago) but Iā€™ve never had any other performance issues with GM, itā€™s only the Inspector that gives me this problem on both computers. All that being said, I can submit a ticket if this is apparently not reproduceable for the dev team.

Nintendo Switch build not start at all.
Solved installing NEX but seems it needs to be installed also if not used and is not mentioned anywhere.

Last edited:

SilentPhil

v2023.600.0.360 continues to eat up all available RAM when the project is started (project is complex, lots of code and sprites)

DarK_SaCoR

Is there any way to view the open tickets, the ones in progress, and the ones that have been resolved? When opening a ticket, a small list of known issues is displayed, and I would like to see the rest of the tickets to avoid ticket duplications.

gnysek

Is there any way to view the open tickets
Not yet, but AFAIK, YYG is planning such feature from what they said.
They have nothing against ticket duplications, I've reported such many many times. Also - if you're attaching project example or logs, even if ticked duplicates, your example might be different than previously reported and might narrow issue, so duplicate might still help, or even be crucial to solve issue faster.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Just in time for the weekend, that's Beta 4 rolling out now... IDE v2023.600.0.351 Runtime v2023.600.0.367

This IDE update fixes the Code Editor RAM issue in the last couple of Betas (although, note that this one release will have undone part of the fix for a code editor bug we fixed for Beta 1) and also adds new controls for SDF fonts inside the font editor. On the runtimes side, there are some new Zip functions and the ability to get Spine slot info more easily, support for those SDF settings coming from the IDE, plus a number of build and in-game fixes for different platforms, but particularly for Switch (including the issue mentioned 4 up from here).

Note also that this version introduces a new project loading/saving system, so if you have any old (often, very old...) projects which have been failing to open/import into recent versions of GM, give it a go in this new release and let us know if all is fixed now. Obviously, if you do find a project suddenly won't load in this version, please let us know via a Helpdesk ticket immediately.

As always, full info on the release notes pages:
IDE Release Notes
Runtime Release Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.